Yesterday I mentioned that the dike that had once flowed through my four allotments had flooded again. You can see this in the picture below.
Today I’m very pleased to say it had dried up completely, so my panic is over…for now.
I really feel for all those people that have had their properties flooded in the UK, due to the constant rain we have been having. It’s hard to believe now, that there were hose pipe bans around the country in the spring time.
This morning I made some more laundry liquid as I had used the last drop that I had left.
I love the laundry liquid I make, as it is so cheap. I use soap flakes, borax substitute (as you can no longer buy borax) and Soda Crystals.
You can find the recipe I use here.
As I said previously, I can’t take the credit for this recipe as I found it on the internet a long time ago and I haven’t got a clue where I found it.
The last time I made my laundry liquid was the 21st September. I kept a careful note of how many washes this batch of laundry liquid actually did, so I could report this back to you. I have worked out that I managed to get 71 washes out of my laundry liquid.
I have looked hard to find the cheapest laundry liquid that I could find in Tesco and it appears to be ‘Daisy’ which is £2.39 for twenty eight washes. This works out at 8.5p per wash.
My laundry liquid cost me approximately £1.75 to make and that is a staggering 2.5p per wash. I challenge the supermarkets to beat that.
It took me about fifteen minutes to make, but I think it was time well spent.
Thank you for reading my blog today.